VICKSBURG GRACE BRETHREN CHURCH
BUILDING USAGE POLICY
The primary purpose of the church building is to provide an environment which is conducive for public worship services, prayer meetings, Christian educational activities, weddings, funerals, community outreach events, and other events which serve the spiritual, educational, and fellowship needs of the congregation. In order to facilitate the proper and orderly use of the building and grounds the following policy has been adopted.
- All regularly scheduled meetings of the church shall have priority over all other requests for the use of the building.
- Vehicles using a handicapped parking space should display the appropriate license plate or mirror identification tag as issued by a state Department of Motor Vehicles.
- The parking lot shall be considered closed during times when meetings or groups are not scheduled to use the building. Vehicles parked on the lot when the parking lot is considered closed may be subject to a fine and towing at the vehicle owner’s expense. Signs shall be posted on the front, rear, and sides of the building indicating: "Parking for church services only. Others subject to fine and towing."
- Members of the congregation may request to use of the facilities for special, private events such as large family meals, anniversary celebrations, birthday celebrations, and the like by submitting a request to the Board of Overseers stating the type of event, the date requested, the starting and ending times of the event, and identifying a contact person.
The Board of Overseers will evaluate each request and make its decision based on building availability and the appropriateness of the event to the overall mission of the church. If the request is approved, the person making the request will be given a key and instructions for using the alarm system when the event is to take place.
No rental fee will be charged for the use of the building by any member.
The building will not be rented to the general public for any purpose.
Those who use the building for special, private events are responsible for maintaining the property in the same condition in which it was found. Responsibility for any damage shall rest with the contact person who was identified on the initial request. The contact person must follow and inform all persons attending the function of the following stipulations:
- Smoking is not permitted in the building.
- Cigarette butts are not to be thrown anywhere on the paved or grass areas around the church.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the building or anywhere on the grounds.
- At no time may goods or services be offered for sale either directly or indirectly.
- Only the area(s) of the building which have been requested are to be utilized.
- Areas used are to be cleaned, toilets flushed, garbage bagged and placed by the steps outside the kitchen area, and any equipment used put back in its place.
- All lights, ovens, stove burners, etc. turned off when the event is over.
- The building is to be secured by turning on the alarm system and locking the door.
- All keys are to be returned to the individual from whom they were received.